Corporate Office – Toronto, ON
Orla Mining Ltd. is a TSX-listed company developing the Camino Rojo Oxide Gold Project, an advanced gold and silver open pit heap leach project located in Zacatecas State, Mexico. Orla also owns the Cerro Quema Project in Panama which includes a near-term gold production scenario. Additionally, it also owns substantial gold resources and has large concessions for exploration.
Our diverse team will transform mineral resources into a net positive benefit for the shareholders, employees, and the societies where we work. Orla has a small and decentralized corporate team. Our dynamic management group has a results-driven approach focused on collaboration, connection, and shared success. We are seeking an individual that is looking to bring new ideas and participate in the growth of the Company.
Orla has an opening for a Director, Human Resources based in Toronto, ON who will be responsible for leading human resources globally. The role is focused on the employees within the company. The ideal candidate has prior experience in a mining company with producing assets, is fluent in Spanish, and has experience working in Latin America.
- Support the leadership team in creating the desired culture where the employees want the company to succeed,
- Leads a team of employees and consultants to deliver all necessary work governing employee relations,
- Develop the systems, policies, procedures, and templates to guide the employee experience, including:
- Talent management including recruitment, learning and development, and succession planning
- Employee retention including employee engagement, feedback, compensation, and benefits
- HR compliance in multiple jurisdictions as reflected in HR structure and processes, balancing employment law and company culture
- Employee policies which apply globally and set the parameters for local areas
- A template that leaders can use to clearly define the work of each role and place roles within the company’s organizational structure
- Human resource information database
- Provide oversight, input, and guidance to any collective bargaining processes at the site level,
- Internal company wide communication through various formats to keep employees informed,
- Organize a formal CEO and/or COO communication every year,
- Develop a reporting structure that advises management and supports decision-making,
- Guide site leaders to success through knowledge, advice, mentorship, and sharing the workload,
- Build/maintain relationships with internal stakeholders at all levels within the organization to support a productive culture.
Skills and Experience:
- Undergraduate degree in Human Resources or related field.
- 15+ years of progressive experience in a producing mining company.
- Strong management and leadership skills with a high degree of accountability.
- Ability to analyze quantitative and qualitative data to make practical, data driven decisions.
- Financial acumen to develop budgets and define key performance indicators (KPI’s) to measure effectiveness of employee programs including employee engagement, compensation, and talent management.
- Ability to prioritize, manage tasks, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to collaborate within an executive team.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to effectively present and communicate key matters to employees, executive team, the board of directors, and other stakeholders.
- Experience working in Latin America is preferable.
- Fluent in English and Spanish.
How to Apply
Send us a PDF of your resume to email@example.com with “Director, Human Resources – Your Name” in the subject line. Only applicants who have the specified skills and experience will be considered and contacted.