Orla Mining Ltd. has an opening for an Accounting Manager, based in Vancouver, BC. The ideal candidate is a CPA with experience in IFRS and financial reporting, Canadian tax, internal controls, and Canadian payroll. The Accounting Manager will be reporting to the Corporate Controller and could be asked to travel from time to time.
- Preparing monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting packages.
- Monitoring and reporting on spending and commitments on large projects.
- Executing all aspects of accounting operations, including general ledger, subledgers, and payroll.
- Ensuring timely and proper execution of domestic income tax compliance (income, payroll and other).
- Conducting or managing the testing of internal controls over financial reporting throughout the group.
- Monitoring cash balances throughout the group and ensure effective controls over cash and investments.
- Preparing cashflow models and periodic short-term cash forecasting.
- Supporting the implementation of an ERM system.
- Supporting the annual budget process
- Processing payroll and related activities.
Key Skills and Experience:
- CPA designation
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working in an accounting role.
- Understanding of full cycle accounting.
- Ability to prioritize, manage tasks, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and within a small team.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate clearly.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and Power Point.
- Although not required, knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics Business Central is an asset.
- Although not required, the ability to work in Spanish is an asset.
How to Apply
Please send us a PDF of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Accounting Manager – your name” in the subject line. Please include salary expectations. We are not accepting candidates referred by recruitment agencies.